As I sit at my desk trying to create units for my math and science students, instead of New Year's Resolutions I thought about my wishlist for 2008.
- Colleagues who want to collaborate. By that I mean want to share the load of both thinking and creating really cool things. My solution is to be a better social networker. Clearly there aren't people within my own building that share my passion but I know there are people out there.
- Which brings me to this wish....which is actually more of an action item. Get busy and find those colleagues.
- Infuse more technology into lessons. I ventured out a bit during the latter half of the semester. But now I need to think beyond....all the way to the 2.0 tools that are out there.
- Get this streaming video TV channel off the ground in the 3rd quarter. Finally got all the media releases in place, so I think we're good to go with legal considerations. I think I probably need to get a parent informational letter out, too.
- Create letter that will not only let them know what's happening but invite them to "do it" with us. That participatory call to action.
- Beyond just having it work, create some connections with our TV channel that will improve the science experience. Find some collaborating classrooms. Find parents who want to participate and who will log in...either to be cheerleaders and/or lend their expertise.